[Update: April Fools! Gmail Motion doesn't actually exist. its merely an April Fools prank from Google]
This is a very useful book for Load Test Professionals and for developers. This guide shows you an end-to-end approach for implementing performance testing. Whether you are new to performance testing, or looking for ways to improve your current performance testing approach, you will find insights that you can tailor for your specific scenarios.
Ebook by - Anders ClaessonAbstract: Agile development methods are becoming more and more common in our projects. The objective is to achieve higher quality and shorter lead times with a minimum of overhead. With frequent deliveries, close cooperation within the agile teams and the customer, continuous integration, short feedback loops and frequent changes of the design creates new challenges but also new opportunities for testing.
Structural and Functional Technique
- Both Structural and Functional Technique is used to ensure adequate testing
- Structural analysis basically test the uncover error occur during the coding of the program.
- Functional analysis basically test he uncover occur during implementing requirements and design specifications.
- It is - Ability to restart the operations after the integrity of the application is lost.
- Objective of the recovery testing is to ensure that the operations can continue even though the disaster is happening.
- Recovery testing includes:
- Storage of data in the preserved location.
- Documents need to maintain properly about recovery.
- Assign the professional testers involving in Recovery process.
- Develop a recovery tool and make it available all the times.
- Recovery testing is normally takes care by professional testers, System analysts you know entire flow of the applications.
Application programmable Interfaces (APIs) are collections of software functions or procedures that can be used by other applications to fulfill their functionality. APIs provide an interface to the software component. These form the critical elements for the developing the applications and are used in varied applications from graph drawing packages, to speech engines, to web-based airline reservation systems, to computer security components.
Read Part 1: What is API Testing and How it is different from testing other common software interfaces like GUI testingPoints to take care while planning for API Testing:
1. Ensuring that the test harness varies parameters of the API calls in ways that verify functionality and expose failures. This includes assigning common parameter values as well as exploring boundary conditions.
2. Generating interesting parameter value combinations for calls with two or more parameters.